Untitled 无题

Untitled 无题

By Yuan Xi, translated into English by Jennifer 文:元曦 英文翻譯:曾錚

I would rather immerse myself in the world of poetry, where flowers come into blossom and birds are forever singing in the everlasting radiance of spring. Away from the everyday world, there are few conflicts or disputes. However, history is different. The grandeur and glory, the vicissitudes and tribulations, the many grievances, the rights and wrongdoings, are often too heavy for me to bear. Many times I cannot continue my reading, with tears falling from my eyes. Yet, perhaps it is my mission. I have to return to our history, as if to live it through once more.

其實我更喜歡沉浸在詩歌之中,那裡永遠春日流麗,鳥語花香,遠離塵坌,沒有紛爭。歷史則不然,歷史的恢宏,厚重,滄桑,悲愴,還有沉積太久的解不開剪不斷的恩怨曲直常讓我感到難以承負,不得不中途掩卷,甚至淚流滿面。但也許是責任所使,使我不得不時常回歸歷史,有如重溫過往。

Of grandeur and glory 

The play of China's five thousand year history might be

五千大戲盡輝煌,

Yet why do I feel so sad and lonely?

我獨何為感淒涼。

Endless stories and tragedies cannot all be written down

個中曲直說不盡,

Even after oceans have turned into dry lands

Vicissitudes and tribulations are still here with us.

一路走來是滄桑。

Once deeply involved in the play

Where are you and I today?

戲中你我今猶在,

Closing my book, I look up to the skies for an answer

掩卷卻向天茫茫。

But only bitterness fills my eyes

And turns into tears

滿目辛酸俱成淚,

Am I too absurd?

Laugh at me if you may. 

君莫笑我甚荒唐。

China’s Elite Loves Trump, Says Researcher

China’s Elite Loves Trump, Says Researcher

The Story of My Visas  簽證的故事:「個中曲直說不盡」

The Story of My Visas 簽證的故事:「個中曲直說不盡」

0